Let Us Help You Keep Playing with Non-Invasive Treatment
Use Athletic Edge Sports Medicine’s Shockwave Therapy to accelerate your recovery and get rapid pain relief from your tendon injury without resorting to invasive surgery.
Why Visit Athletic Edge Sports Medicine?
You can use Shockwave Therapy to treat many serious injuries and conditions, including:
- Calcifications, i.e., calcium building-up resulting from micro-tears in the tendon.
- Heel Spurs that cause bone protrusions in the underside of your heel bone.
- Hip Pain from Tendonitis.
- Runner’s Knee, i.e., ITB Syndrome, one of the leading causes of Runner’s Knee.
- Jumper’s Knee (Patellar Tendonitis)
- Rotator Cuff Tendonitis, i.e., inflammation of tendons that help you move your shoulder.
- Plantar Fasciitis, i.e., pain from inflammation of the tissue connecting your heel and toes.
- Golfer’s Elbow, i.e., pain in the tendons of the forearm muscles that connect to your elbow.
- Tennis Elbow, tendonitis that is among the most common causes for elbow pain.
- and more…
Your Athletic Edge Sports Medicine physiotherapist or chiropractor will implement Shockwave therapy, which uses high-powered sound waves to promote new blood vessel growth and scar tissue breakdown. This treatment has been proven effective in treating most types of tendonitis.
Find out more about Athletic Edge Sports Medicine’s Shockwave Therapy in Toronto via our convenient online form or to arrange a consultation by calling us now. 416-800-0800.
Note: Shockwave Therapy treatment is covered by many extended health care plans.
Athletic Edge Sports Medicine is Trusted By…
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about Shockwave Therapy
What is Shockwave Therapy?
Shockwave Therapy is a non-invasive treatment for relieving pain, healing, and speeding up the regeneration of injured tissue, notably tendons. It also helps breakdown scar tissue and, where possible, the build-up of calcium in areas near the damaged tissue.
How Does Shockwave Therapy Work?
It works by delivering acoustic waves or sound vibrations to the painful areas of your tissue, and in turn, block the transmission of pain from the injured area.
The body responds to the waves by increasing its metabolic activity around the site of the pain, which promotes and accelerates healing.
Shockwave therapy does not cause tendon damage and there is no downtime following treatment. You can return to work or play immediately.
What Does Shockwave Therapy Involve?
At Athletic Edge Sports Medicine, we administer our Shockwave Therapy session at our clinic in Toronto. Each session involves 2,000 shocks, which requires approximately 20 minutes. You will require 1 session every 3 weeks.
Book an Appointment with a Sports MD Today
Get an expert diagnosis, speed up your recovery, and maximize your performance.